Urology, also known as genitourinary surgery, is a branch of medicine that focuses on medical and surgical diseases of the male and female urinary tract system and the male reproductive system. These include conditions of kidney, adrenal gland, ureter, urinary bladder, urethra and the male reproductive organs (testes, prostate and penis) in both adults and children.
Common urology conditions that can be treated at Orienda include:
- Evaluation and management of prostate diseases such as prostate enlargement and infections.
- Urology oncology which manages cancer conditions of the kidney, prostate, bladder and testes. We offer comprehensive management from biopsy, staging, surgery and medical therapy.
- Urinary stones in the kidney, ureter or bladder which can be treated with ESWL (shockwave) therapy, endoscopy laser surgery or percutaneous (PCNL) surgery.
- Infections of the urinary system, including infection of the kidney, bladder, prostate and testes.
- Male infertility evaluation and management of low sperm count by medical therapy such as management of micro nutrient and hormones. We offer fertility related surgeries as varicocele surgery and micro surgical TESE (testicular sperm extraction).
- Specific male conditions such as erectile dysfunction, low male testosterone hormone therapy and vasectomy surgery for family planning.
- Surgery for child and adolescence conditions such as hernia and hydrocele and laser circumcision.